Sunday, February 10, 2008

Friday 9, 2008 Saturday

As -Sa Laam Aleekum

Let me begin by saying how grateful we are for the blessings we have.... Our family, friends, health and the knowledge we have of the Savior Jesus Christ. This past few weeks have been a little emotional. I'm not sure why. It's been a time of reflection and soul searching. I remember as a young mother feeling frustrated and wishing I could "be there" for all my children in all that they did and all that they were involved in... But having 8 active children that was not possible, and even now it is still not possible. In every stage of life we come to... there is an "evaluating point", and we have to decide how we go forward. Whether in a physical way, or an emotional way I've come to realize that "change" is an important part of the Lords Plan. We are given those periods to make changes and to improve. To you, my children, how I wish I was there to help each of you. My feelings are much the same that I remember as that young mother. The one difference is.... being so far away I know I can't be there right now. I am constantly praying for each one of you and each one of our sweet Grandchildren. We love you all so much! The comfort that comes to me is I know the Lord is guiding this family in all the changes that are going on in each of our lives. It is truly a blessing to have children that love one another. Who are each other's friends. Who are willing to help and support each other through the "changes". I certainly know it is not always easy or convenient. So, I thank each of you for being the people that you are. I've asked myself.... "if I knew what would be going on during this time would I have gone on this mission?" I won't answer that! I'm just glad the Lord gave us the conformation that it was time to go. Aren't we glad that the Lord knows the beginning through the end? Aren't we glad that it is HIS plan we are trying to live and know it will "all work out for our good?"

My prayer is that you will all constantly feel our love and our support no matter the distance. We in turn are constantly feeling each of your support and love no matter the distance. We are grateful for this opportunity to serve in Jordan. We are grateful to be having the experiences that cause the 'stretch marks' and reminds us that we are growing. Thank you for your good examples. I pray that you feel the strength of the Lord in each of your lives and know He is very mindful of you and what you are going through. He is very near...... and that is the real comfort that I seek for each of you.

Quote "Enjoying each day is an opportunity. But worrying about
the things and events that make up each day is a choice."

L
ove, Your Jordan Missionaries

Here's this weeks newsletter

No comments: