Friday, February 1, 2008

February 1, 2008 Friday

As-Sa Laam Aleekum (Greetings, Peace be upon you)

We’re back!...... It has been a few weeks since we have sent out our “Jordan Missionary news.” I don’t know how time can go by so fast. The days are filled with so much to do. This past week as we have been out driving around Jordan we have spent time reflecting on the service that our dear Prophet has given throughout his life. What a tremendous example of service in action. We appreciate all of you that thought of us over here and took the time to email us the news of his passing last Sunday. Thank you!

We had our district conference a few weeks ago with Elder Kopescke. It was wonderful to be instructed and edified! We have had the opportunity to have him here several times over the last few months. I guess the Middle East continues to be of great concern because we are constantly being checked on and watched over. It’s good to know we are being “watched over” as we try to “watch over” and serve the people here in Jordan.

The other missionary couple, the Dews that were serving here in Jordan has recently gone home. We will miss them. They are not being replaced. So we have spent that last few weeks going through all the “stuff” that has been accumulated over the past few years by the different missionaries. What a job! We’ve been sorting through boxes and boxes of papers that have represented the files of humanitarian records, and church related material, not to mention all the other stuff. Being Country Directors of Jordan has had its opportunities! It’s just taken a lot of time and concentration to get everything updated and organized. BUT… I’m beginning to see some noticeable results. You know me…give me something to do when I see the “before” and “after” results…. I’m driven! Dad’s been teasing me about that!

I was reading some words of Dad’s that he wrote down in our “Quote and Thoughts” book today. I thought I’d share one of his thoughts. Remember how Dad is always writing thoughts in his planner?

"I love to fish. I have come to know that Christ does too. If I will let him,
He will take me fishing to lakes that I never knew before." JFC 12/1/07

Just something to think about! We sure love you all. Have a wonderful week and "remember who you are"!

Love,
Your Jordan Missionaries

Here's this weeks newsletter

No comments: